Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Whoa.

If you're reading this, it's probably because you are a frequenter. And I realized something today that I thought important to share. I was looking at pictures on other photographers sites. I usually compare them to mine. I have a little bit of a competitive streak in me, that I'm not proud of. (that's not what I realized today, I've known that for a long time...too long.)

What I realized today is that I take pictures because I love looking at things: texture, color, shape, perspective. I take a picture of it and then I can just stare at the picture and not look like a weirdo on the street staring at a tree or whatever.

So, why take pictures of people? Not to stare at them (unless they are my own kids, can't get enough of them!) But because I love taking pictures of people and families that they love to stare at. I think everyone should love thier pictures and there is not a better feeling in the world (for the person who took the pictures) than the feeling of knowing the subjects love thier pictures. Not that I am anywhere near perfect.

That's it. Simple. But now that I have pinpointed it I feel more of a purpose. And I have to write it so I don't forget. I try to get better so that you will like your pictures more and then we live happily ever after!

1 comment:

Kory said...

i'm with ya! i could stare at pictures of my family all day long!!!