Friday, May 22, 2009

Old and New Assignment

Finally posting this assignment! I had stumped myself for a little while.

Angie Wilde- The big tree in the foreground is one of the "witness trees" in the Sacred Grove. One of the trees that was there when Joseph Smith saw his vision. I liked it there with all these new little trees as if he is passing his legacy on to them. The trees may grow old and die, but the grove stays beautiful with the new growth and the truth of what happened there never changes.



Kim Waldron





Mae Williford- I sort of collect old bottles and jars. I love the contrast in clarity between the old one and the new one. Not as philisophical as I was hoping for this theme, but the colors are fun to look at, right?

Next week's assignment: Self Portrait

3 comments:

Brandon and Kim Waldron said...

Mae, I love it! I love the contrast between the two bottles too! :) The bright yellow flower to add color is a great touch and for sure boosts the overall feel

Mae said...

Kim- Love that you burned the edges of the pic, it directs the eye right to the subjcet.

Angie-I just love the place and history of this pic! Again, your composition is outstanding. Can't wait until you get your camera fixed and can submit more work!

Anonymous said...

Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find it; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.